Monday, May 10, 2010

Safari Adventures




Here is a quick list of the fun things I've done on the weekends/weekdays so far. I might explain some of these activities later, but I'm so busy that I don't think I'll ever have the time to write about them all. This is a list for the curious and for my own records. If you want, you can request ones you want me to explain!

1. Visiting my Aunt Julie and Uncle Tom in Taipei. They are so kind to me and I love them so much!
2. Going to the flower and jade markets in Taipei. I bought a turtle the size of a quarter at the flower market and am keeping him in my room. Shhhh. My host family doesn't know yet. I need to find a way to sneak him through customs when I come back, just kidding.
2. Going to Nan Juang with Ellen, Demi, and Anneke. We ate a brown sugar rice cake and grass jello. No kidding.
3. Going to Miaoli with Cindy and her kids. We went to visit their grandmother who lives in the countryside. I had so much fun playing all day in the sun!
4. Catching shrimp and crawfish with homemade nets in a creek. I, Josephine Borich have helped take care of the invasive species problem in Taiwan. Crawfish are invasive and are taking over the habitat of the Taiwanese shrimp. We (Cindy's kids and I) caught as many crawfish as we could find and gave them to their grandmother so she could eat them. We then set free all the Taiwanese shrimp that we caught. However, later that night I felt sad that the crawfish would be eaten.
5. Shaking Elder Christofferson's hand at stake conference in Jhubei!
6. Attending a Taiwanese wedding.
7. Hiking in the Taiwanese jungle. It's like Jurassic Park. I thought a Procompsognathus was going to jump out at me! Exploring was fun, but now I have the biggest, itchiest mosquito bites. It almost makes me rethink my jungle safaris.
8. I judged a tongue twister competition at Zhong Xin today! The 8th grade students memorized three tongue twisters in English and recited them in front of their grade.
9. I saw Falun Gong practitioners in a Taipei park!

2 comments:

  1. It's weird when you list them all out like that. We've done so much, and we just got here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't believe it either!

    ReplyDelete